Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Follow the Leader

I never imagined myself setting aside the time to create and keep up with a blog. Considering that this is my first post (and could be my last), I guess I am mistaken to say "keep up with" since I have yet to do so. Regardless, the reason I have taken this on is because I have a few fabulous girlfriends who have amazing blogs, each of which has inspired me to step out, and follow their lead into the blogging world!

Please note that this whole blog of mine is still under construction, as I am trying to figure the whole template/format issue out. That is not, however, why my blog title starts with "Under Contruction." For those of you who know me, you know I am not your normal girl. Who is, right? I have a degree in Construction Management, and work for a commercial general contractor. I am currently an Estimator, but spent the first 18 months in the field. The picture is just for laughs because I know most of you seem to get a kick out of it.
Ryan, my wodnerful fiance, is also an Estimator. He works for a commercial paint subcontractor. My company, as a general contractor, hires Ryan's company, as a subcontractor, to do just about all of the painting on our jobs. We don't directly work together, but we do use each other (quite often) as resources when we have questions. It's kind of nice coming home and being able to talk about work, and really understand what one another is talking about! Since we both work in the Construction industry, it was only fitting to title my (our) blog accordingly.

We have a lot of exciting things going on in our life right now, so what better way to keep track of it all. Since our lives are constantly under construction, this blog will serve as the building blocks (memories, thoughts, feelings, reflections, etc.) toward our future together!

Caution: You're Entering a Construction Site. Hard Hats Required...at times anyway ;)

1 comment:

  1. Liz, I am so happy that you started a blog! This is such a cute way for us to all keep up with one another, especially since our lives are constantly pulling us in different directions.

    I'm looking forward to reading all about what's going on in yours and Ryan's lives!

    ReplyDelete