Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Moment of Thanks

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation."
-- Brian Tracy

As I was getting gas this morning, I couldn't help but take a few moments to think about how lucky we are.

Ryan drives a big, lifted truck that gets horrible gas mileage...and he doesn't have a short commute. I have an SUV, which isn't great with gas, but my commute is only a few miles to and from work. There are several times I've stopped to think, or said aloud to Ryan, "Do you realize how lucky we are? We are so blessed to be able to fill our tanks with gas when needed."

But seriously... With the recent rise in gas prices, it's even more appropriate to talk about. I got tears in my eyes thinking about it this morning. So many people can only afford to put a few dollars of gas in their car at a time, if that. I am so fortunate to be able to spend the more than $60 to fill up. Ryan's truck costs a small fortune to fill up these days, but we can do it without feeling the financial strain that so many people are feeling now more than ever.

These days I have so much to be thankful for, and I just wanted to take a moment to share it with you!

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
-- Oprah Winfrey

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet and so deserving of everything you have!

    We are all so lucky for the things with which we have been blessed.

    ReplyDelete