Friday, April 29, 2011

One Year Later.

Friday, April 30, 2010. This time last year Ryan and I were arriving in Statesboro for the Tim McGraw concert that was held at GSU. At the hotel getting ready, I had such short patience because I was rushed. Rushed because Ryan's mom called and asked if we could swing by Sweetheart Circle and take a few pictures (before our event) so she could have them for her frame. I didn't calculate that extra 15 minutes into the time I calculated to get ready and be at the event  by 6 PM, so I was not a happy camper. Little did I know that the extra 15 minutes required to go take a few pictures would lead to the biggest, happiest surprise of my life... our engagement!...

When Ryan's mom called to ask if we could run by Sweetheart Circle to take a few pictures, I agreed, but had no clue who would take the pictures. At the time, one of my best friends worked in one of the buildings on Sweetheart Circle, so I called and asked for the favor. Heather agreed, and met us there to be our photographer. She had no idea she was volunteering to photograph Ryan proposing!


The 2nd Picture
Still thought we were just taking pictures for his mom

After Heather took a couple of pics, Ryan asked her to take a "tall" shot. While she was adjusting the camera, he started moving... I thought he was just fixing his shirt and changing positions. When I turned to look at him, his hand came from his back pocket and I saw a ring box. I immediately screamed, "Ryan!," and turned around with my face in my hands... I was already crying and completely shocked!! When I turned back around, Ryan was down on one knee. He took my hand, told me how much he loved me, and said, "Will you marry me?" I, of course, said yes, and he slipped the ring on. I was sobbing, and I couldn't stop saying, "I can't believe this." 
The "tall" Picture
I turned around when I saw the ring box...

Then I turned back around...

Then I said yes...
 
When I finally turned to see Heather, she was crying, but still taking pictures. I am so glad that one of my best friends could be a part of it; I know she is, too. She took amazing pictures, caught every moment, and we are so thankful she was there!


Shocked! and saying, "I can't believe this!"
Right after I said yes, we enjoyed a night of Tim McGraw... perfect way to end the most amazing evening!


At the concert

We met and graduated together at Georgia Southern, so it was the perfect place to pop the question!

As I relive that story, it brings tears to my eyes. I never thought he would be able to surprise me... he completely shocked me!

It was the best day of my life...so far!

Happy Year Anniversary of our Engagement!!

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes! So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete